Enforcing Court Orders: Motions for Contempt

At Thurman and Associates LLC, we recognize that post-divorce cooperation may not always be smooth sailing. While minor disagreements can often be resolved amicably, more significant issues, such as non-payment of child support, visitation denial, or property refusal, may require legal intervention.

Bringing Matters to Light: When your ex-spouse fails to adhere to court orders, it’s important to address these concerns promptly. If informal resolution attempts prove ineffective, you have the option to petition the court for a “motion to show cause” or “motion for contempt.” This legal action urges the court to enforce compliance by holding your ex-spouse accountable for their actions. In cases of deliberate defiance of a lawful court order, a contempt finding can potentially result in penalties, including jail time.

Navigating the Process: Navigating motions for contempt requires careful legal consideration. Consulting an attorney early on can be advantageous in building a strong case for court intervention. At Thurman and Associates LLC, we are here to guide you through this process, ensuring that your rights and the well-being of your children are protected.

Your Legal Resource: If you find yourself in a situation where your ex-spouse is not complying with court orders, reach out to us for comprehensive legal assistance. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping you secure the necessary actions from the court.

Exploring Your Options

If you’re unsure whether divorce is the best solution for your situation, our attorneys can provide the guidance you need to make informed decisions. Contact us today to learn more about your options and find the best path forward.